Saturday, January 28, 2006

Not-So-Fantastic Plastic

This is one of those times someone should just keep the plastic surgery comments to themselves. Joan Collins is quoted as saying "I think Botox is poison.” First of all, let me clue you in here on a little something here Joaney…Botox’s real name is Botulinum Toxin Type A and it’s a purified form of the bacterium clostridium botulinum. Clostridium botulinum causes botulisim, a rare but serious paralytic illness. Hence, poison.

Enough with the medical mumbo jumbo… Collins also calls today’s actresses the “botox brigade” saying they are ruining their looks and turning into clones of each other. She also states, “the plastic surgeons want to make you look young, but I don't want to look young, I just want to look good." With that being said, have you taken a look at yourself lately, Joan? I’m not seeing young and I’m not seeing good so Joan, please keep those silly comments betwixt you and your mirror.

[source]

No comments: