Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mood Music: José Gonzalez


Two days in a row my friends. WHAT NOW!? **chest bump**

Yesterday, I talked about my love of eastern european sounds... you know horns and percussion, blah blah blah. Today, I wanted to talk about an acoustic sound that is another one that I just can't get enough of - José Gonzalez.

His second album is called In Our Nature and it was released in late September. This dude knows how to play the guitar - his pronunciation is a little fucked - he slurs everything he says and I'm already not that great at figuring out lyrics on my own. I was looking up lyrics to the song Teardrop the other day, which by the way is an old Massive Attack song, and I was WAY the fuck off on the lyrics I thought he was singing. Whatever. This album is amazing.

So, apparently José wants to put out a series of music videos about "the sins of humanity." Here's the second in the series - the video for Teardrop. Enmuthafuckinjoy.

No comments: