Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sasha Goin' Gold

Every few hours for the past twelve days my digital cable reminds me that the Olympics is on NBC. Up until last night's figure skating competition I didn't really care but luckily I turned on NBC to see the last three figure skaters compete. American cutie, Sasha Cohen (who I had seriously confused with Ali G actor Sacha Baron Cohen until about a month ago) kicked some Russian bootay when she outskated Irina "I'm-so-glad-I-don't-have-your-last-name" Slutskaya, the world's #1 skater, beating her by .03 points.

My boyfriend and I will be tuning in (along with a majority of the gay male population and female senior citizen population) for Thursday's four-minute free skate, where Slutskaya's better track record will make for a good few hours of primetime figure skating drama. Until then you'll find me practicing my triple Salchow- triple toe loop combination my living room.

No comments: