Monday, March 13, 2006

Once a body dysmorphic, always a body dysmorphic

Felicity Huffman hated her body. Now that she’s 40 and anorexic-looking she loves herself. The Desperate Housewhore said waking up in her own skin used to be agony. “I had that 'Just can't be thin enough' thing. 'Hate my body, hate my body, hate my body'. I was never thin enough, never pretty enough. My boobs weren't big enough.” I hate ridiculous feelings of inadequacy like that -- On Saturday I was sitting in my meeting on Neuroplasticity and I was like “Neurons make me hate my body even more. This discussion on biomedical research would be so much easier if I were prettier and lost ten pounds.” Oh and today I was just like “the blog readers will like me so much more if my boobs were a little bigger and my waist was a little smaller. If I tuck some of these kleenex into my bra and throw up my lean pocket I’m sure more people will visit the blog. Ok, not really. I’m sitting here munching on some Girl Scout cookies. At the height of her eating disorder, Felicity was throwing up at least six times a day. She said "I was throwing up all the time, figuring out what foods you can throw up and what foods you can't. You sort of top off at throwing up about six times a day because your body just can't take it any more." I bet thin mint cookies taste great coming back up.

Did any of you watch Desperate Housewives last night? She could stand to eat a burger or two. They have her on some Desperate Housewhore diet because she wasn't THAT skinny when the show began. Poor sweet misguided Felicity...she probably only throws up four times a day so it's no longer a problem or maybe she's just not eating therefore she doesn't have to throw up. A short time ago she had little boobies and at the Oscars she was showing off her man-pecs. Those Housewhores are giving young girls everywhere a distorted view on what it means to be a desperate housewife. Real desperate housewives are fat, miserable, wear color coordinated sweatsuits from Wal-Mart and have husband's with 25 year-old blonde mistresses, they're not 40+ year old anorexics with Botox and collagen. [source]

No comments: