Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oscar Prophecy

Ok, I just got done looking into my crystal ball and I came up with this prediction for tonight: The show is going to end up lasting what seems to be 3 hours too long. Someone gorgeous is going to look terribly hideous. Someone hideous is going to look totally gorgeous. Some skank will show up in a see-through dress. Someone is going to say something totally stupid during their speech. Someone will bash Bush. And last but not least, I'll probably have one too many glasses of champagne. Here's who I wouldn't mind seeing as winner...(I'm not even going to pretend I know what the Academy is thinking).

Best Actor
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Capote
Heath Ledger, Brokeback Mountain
Joaquin Phoenix, Walk the Line
Actress
Felicity Huffman, Transamerica
Reese Witherspoon, Walk the Line
Best Supporting Actor
Jake Gyllenhaal, Brokeback Mountain
Matt Dillon, Crash
Best Supporting Actress
Michelle Williams, Brokeback Mountain
Rachel Weisz, The Constant Gardner
Best Picture
Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Crash
Best Director
Ang Lee, Brokeback Mountain
Paul Haggis, Crash
Bennet Miller, Capote

No comments: