Monday, September 04, 2006

Cher's Havin' A Yard Sale

The 60 year old rocker (yeah, she's 60!!!) decided to clear her Malibu home of its Gothic contents and reshape her life into more of a Moroccan-Tibetan look. It's about time she gets rid of the goth! What started as a little purge turned into clearing her home have of a collection of some 200 gowns and costumes and nearly 800 items in total. Clear my home of 800 items and you have me down to just my home -- literally....me and the walls that keep me warm...or I guess cool at this point in time. What's notable is that the mannequins supporting Cher's dresses had to be specially made because of Cher's special figure. Whatever...I have a special figure too -- I just don't have specially made mannequins to support my clothing. I have hangers. Plastic ones....they all match though. Not all of the money from the sale at the Beverly Hilton will go back into Cher's home. An undeclared but "substantial" portion will go to a range of charities that she supports...not that Cher needs ANY of the funds -- she has a reported $600 million bank account as of 2002. [source]

No comments: