Tuesday, September 19, 2006

This Is Your Face After Drugs. Any Questions?

Fergie is STILL talking about how she did drugs when she was younger. She must forget she talked about this to the media several times before. I think maybe the meth caused a wee bit o’ damage to the brain. It definitely messed up the face …or if that wasn’t the source of the fug, at least she has a decent excuse. I'm starting to think that overcoming meth addiction has been her greatest accomplishment in life...or could the drug talk be an attempted smokescreen to obscure the fact that she has minimal talent and she's not all that attractive? Here’s her latest incessant rambling: "In my experience, ecstasy leads to crystal meth…blah blah blah and I just think that people don't know how addictive that drug is. Blah blah blah blah. It's so cunning (do you REALLY think she used the word cunning?) because it's such a fun drug at first. You lose weight and look great for a while, (I doubt she ever looked GREAT...can we find a new adjective for this part?) but I don't care if it takes six months or five years, it will creep up on you. (it crept honey, it crept) Don't be fooled and think you're special."

Then she goes on to slam the growing number of blogs on the internet. She said:

"I just think, 'Wow, I've worked so hard for this, but what are you people doing other than sitting there behind your computers and talking s**t about people? If people don't like me, fine, but don't criticize people if you're not getting off you're a** and doing something about your own life."

Um. I take personal offense to this for a number of reasons…number 1. I didn’t have to commercialize then completely ruin a perfectly good musical group for a successful career (which, by the way, does not involve blogging) number 2. While Fergie was out snorting meth off a dirty kitchen counter in the Valley and trying to yelp and dance her way to success, I was earning post-graduate degrees and working my way up the corporate ladder. And last but not least, while I might not have mainstream commercial appeal at work, my face doesn’t look like it’s been through a chromosomal meat grinder.

So, according to Fergie's words, since I’ve been off my ass doing a significant “something” about my life basically since I was born, I’ve apparently earned the right to criticize her on the internet. [source]

No comments: