Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Madonna Went Black

Madonna has added a little 1 year-old African boy from Malawi to the Richie tribe. Government officials said the 48-year-old singer, already a mother of two, chose the one-year-old orphan from among 12 children specially chosen prior to her arrival in the country, which has legions of children orphaned by the AIDS epidemic. "She asked us to identify boys only, which we have done after visiting four orphanages in Lilongwe," government spokeswoman Adrina Michiela said. Michiela said Madonna had wanted to adopt a girl but changed her mind two weeks ago.

While critics have described this as a publicity stunt that follows in the footsteps of other celebrities, including actress Angelina Jolie, who have taken up causes on the world's poorest continent, I don't think it is. If you remember correctly, Madonna started her children-of-the-world thing when she recruited Carlos Leon, Lordes' dad, as a sperm donor. Then she had her little british boy, Rocco, with hubby-Brit Guy Richie.

I'm sure her shit's all dried up by now and there's a lot of risk having children at age 48 if you're actually able. I'm happy for her and I think adopting a child in need is a noble gesture. That kid is one luck son of a bitch. [source]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its been denied

xine said...

Yep. May I point out that my source was Reuters...

Madonna says she's happy about the "hoax" because it has drawn attention to Malawi.

If I were her I'd just adopt a damn baby. so what...African kids are good enough for her family? :)