Thursday, December 14, 2006

FASHION FIX: Holiday Fashion - 'Tis The Season

I was scouring the internet to find the perfect holiday outfit to go with my fabulous new shoes when I came across some dresses by designer Agatha Ruiz de la Prada. Don't be fooled by her last name. Agatha Ruiz de la Prada is best known for her eclectic personality and the passion that infuses every piece of her vast collection – from ready-to-wear clothing for children, women and men, to home and office design. Assumedly those women, children, men, homes and offices are all somehow related to Bjork.

The first dress, my personal favorite, can be purchased for a measly $250. Proceeds go to Greenpeace. I mean I like charity and saving trees and all but that's no reason to show up ANYWHERE in a tree dress that was carefully crafted out of what looks like green and pink felt, some safety scissors and a glue stick. Not even if you're drunk. Seriously, I designed the exact same thing in Kinder Kapers only mine was an ornament, it had a little loop of yarn on the top and it might've been made from construction paper. Agatha Ruiz de la Prada must have her holidays confused. Here, in America, we dress up like pumpkins for Halloween or even Christmas trees for Halloween but not Christmas trees for Christmas. Moving on to a few more pieces from her collection...the following three dresses go for $500 and are assumedly marketed for individuals who are on LSD or childrens shows or both.
...or maybe they're from her Easter collection. I don't even know what else to say so I'm going to go take a xanax. I get anxiety just from thinking about these dresses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm dizzy. Where the hell do you even find shit like this?

Anonymous said...

I have been inside this shop in Barcelona in the summer. Its enough to make you want to lie down for half an hour afterwards. And soooo expensive!