Thursday, April 26, 2007

YOUR 15 MINUTES: You Know You’re A Redneck When…

Forget taking a limousine to the prom. One high school senior drove his date in a 1992 green John Deere 8760 tractor. "A few people made bets with me that I wouldn't do it," said Levi Rue, a senior at New Rockford-Sheyenne High School. "I guess I won them." Rue suggested the idea to his date, Alissa Bachmeier, last Thursday, two days before the prom. She wasn't sure, worried about her dress getting dirty. But after Rue showed her pictures of the tractor and promised to make sure it was immaculate, Bachmeier agreed. "I cleaned it up pretty good," he said. Bachmeier wore a lime green prom dress that nearly matched the tractor. Rue said they drove around town and to his grandmother's house to show her the unusual chariot. "We got quite a few people who stopped and looked and stared and waved," he said.

Fancy. Note: this is exactly why you should never let your daughter go to prom with someone named Levi.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shit, that's common where I come from. We even had a "bring your tractor to school" day.

Anonymous said...

it's not that redneck... and u dont even have the right tractor