Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mood Music: John Butler Trio in a Deep Green Ocean

This past Memorial Day weekend, a few ecorazzi peeps and I spent a beautiful Saturday afternoon at the Hatch Shell in Boston for this year's annual Earthfest concert.

You can read more about the AMAZING day over at ecorazzi, and soon they'll be video available of some interviews we were lucky enough to snag, but the highlight of my day was The John Butler Trio's instrumental genius, Ocean.

Although I couldn't find a snippet of the version they played at the Earthfest show (he plays a different version of the song every time he's on stage), above is a version they played live at Saint Gallen.

Quite possibly the best guitar solo I've heard in a really long time. I promise this one won't disappoint you.

No comments: