Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Old vs. New

Old Lara Croft vs. New Lara Croft







I'm not totally obsessed with Angelina Jolie like the rest of the modern society but I do think she makes a hotter Lara Croft than the new girl. To me, new Lara Croft aka Karima Adebibe, looks like an aspiring Dallas Cowboys cheerleader with overplucked brows and mall-based hairstylist. Check it out:

Angie is like "Don't f with me. I'm Lara Croft. I raid tombs and carry guns. Don't let my boobs fool you."


Other girl is like "Tee hee. Look at me. I'm cute and I'm playing with guns and I was, like, a sales assistant/model. I like got my breast implants last year and now they have me playing this part. Wait, who am I supposed to be again? Oh yeah that's right I'm like, um, this person who is lara croft but she's like a person in like a video game. Don't worry, my guns aren't real so I like can't really shoot you. Tee hee. "

"Oh and sometimes they give me this little earpiece and I feel like I'm Madonna during her Blonde Ambition tour except I'm like not blonde and I start singing Like A Virgin and Material Girl because those were totally like my most favoritest songs from that tour. Then like my manager, who is really my boyfriend, has to remind me that I'm like Lara Croft and not Madonna so I like go back to playing with my fake guns. It's totally fun."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha! I thought she was a photoshopped Rachel Ray for a minute. And those boobs are hideous!

Anonymous said...

OK.. you DO realize that Angelina wasnt the first Lara Croft my any stretch right?

Lara has also been portrayed by the following models for public appearances and promotions:

* Katie Price (Jordan) 'portrayed' Lara Croft at ECTS before official models were cast.[6]
* Nathalie Cook 1996-1997 (mostly unknown before Tomb Raider became famous)
* Rhona Mitra 1997-1998
* Vanessa Demouy 1997 (hired by a French video game magazine for a photoshoot)
* Nell McAndrew 1998-1999
* Lara Weller 1999-2000
* Ellen Rocche 2000 (hired by Brazilian distributor of Eidos' games to promote The Lost Artifact)
* Lucy Clarkson 2000-2002
* Jill de Jong 2002-2004
* Karima Adebibe 2006-Present


Karima Adebibe is just a model they use for conventions, trade shows, adverts, etc... because she's a model not a HUGE actress like Angelina. So in other words, YOU'RE AN IDIOT :)

PS. Karima Adebibe is HOT