Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Teri Hatcher Reveals Sexual Abuse

In a recent article for Vanity Fair, Teri Hatcher admitted that she'd been sexual abused as a child by her uncle, but had kept it a secret until a 14-year-old girl committed suicide for fear that this very same uncle might escape conviction.
"I was just blown over by this girl's pain," the 41-year-old television star told Vanity Fair, recalling she learned about the case from newspaper clippings.

"I thought, 'Boy, that's really close to being me.' Any day of the week, I could feel that sort of pain. I haven't tried to kill myself, but I've certainly thought about it, and then I feel guilty about thinking about it, because what's so terrible about my life?"
"The most horrible thing, that has stuck with me all my life, is that he was touching me and doing things to me, and he said, 'Doesn't that feel good?' (And) I said, 'No, it doesn't.' He said, 'Well, someday you'll know what I'm talking about.'"

Hatcher said that before going to prosecutors four years ago, she had never told anyone of her own ordeal, not even her parents. She said she last saw Stone when she was 8 or 9.

No comments: