Monday, April 10, 2006

Chronicles of Namibia

I'm visiting my parents in a small town in PA. I came downstairs this morning and unwrapped the local newspaper (the Press-Enterprise) to be greeted with the headline "Brangelina go to Africa." God knows there's so much news in Berwick, PA the Press Enterprise can't spare the extra space to actually write out the couple's name instead of using the one portmanteau that makes me nauseous. Last week the Press Enterprise had an entire front page article on redneck jokes so it doesn't surprise me that they can spare the room to talk about two rather boring individuals who have absolutely nothing to do with anything that happens in this community. I'm hoping maybe next time I go on vacation the Press Enterprise can write a story about how I'm single-handedly saving the US economy one martini and swipe of my American Express at a time.

Back to the story: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt with their growing herd of culturally diverse rainbow children flew to Namibia on a plane with five other people. I'm not sure if the five other people were with them or were the only other five people who felt like traveling to Namibia this week. Pitt/Jolie and the chillin' will be staying at a luxury beach lodge near the town of Swakopmund to stay out of the limelight. Rumors are spreading that she will give birth to Brad Pitt's love child in Africa, where healthcare is much more advanced and sanitary than countries like, say, the United States. Of course while they're there, roads to the resort have been closed making it hell for the natives.

2 comments:

dino said...

ok i admit, i'm slow... but i just got the title of this one!!! Chronicles of Namibia!!! HAHAHAHHAA

Anonymous said...

Zahara looks like the alien spawn of Cruise