Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Role Models

Keira Knightley's dad sounds like a real father-of-the-year candidate. She recently told Allure magazine that her dad said "I wish [your fame] had happened in five years' time, you could have been 20 and got really pissed (drunk -- British slang) and slept with loads of people and no one would have known." Ah yes, there's nothing like the magic of a father wishing his daughter would've been a drunken, teenage whore. I expect something similar from Kevin Federline in a few years. Anyway, Kiera agrees with good, old dad and was quoted as saying, “That would have been great. It's like you've got to be perfect. Holding any 20-year-old up as a role model is completely idiotic. I think that's bullshit." Hmmm...little Ms. Knightley has a point there with that whole 20 year-old role model thing. Keira does a pretty good job of keeping it real. At 20 I might've been an ok role model for college students but at 19 I was a role model for everything that sends people straight to hell.

Speaking of really bad 19 year-old role models...after Lindsay Lohan's craptastic performance on SNL she went out and partied till dawn. Surprise, surprise. Although, if I did such a horrible live performance on national television I'd probably try to drink and snort it right out of my memory too. Reports say she hit up the SNL after-party in Midtown, then headed to the R&R club at 3:30 a.m. [source and other source]

No comments: