Saturday, July 08, 2006

One Night In Nicky

A Hilton sister has finally taken on a project that makes sense: opening a hotel. Nicky Hilton is set to open a boutique hotel called ‘Nicky O’ on Ocean Boulevard in Miami later this year. The hotel will have 94 rooms, entertainment news tickers in the elevators and a "signature scent". Anything related to the Hilton sisters and “scent” scares me. Roberto Cavalli will be designing the $5,000 a night penthouse suite. Based on Nicky Hilton’s hideous clothing/handbag designs, she should probably call on 93 other HOT designers and limit her role to “financial partner/namesake.” Shortly after the Miami hotel opens, a second hotel will open in Chicago. Explaining her choice of locations, the 22-year-old revealed: "Miami will definitely be a party destination, and Chicago will be a little calmer.” She also said, “ I've always wanted to do it. I'll go to my family for advice, but they're not involved at all. I've been around hotels my whole life, and I know a good hotel when I see one." Didn’t she also say basically the same thing when she started trying to be a fashion designer? Something to the effect of “I’ve been around fashion my whole life so I decided it was only natural to design.” Then we got this…I wish her better luck with the hotel thing. At least she’s smart enough to realize she's not that talented and to stay away from the music industry. [source]

No comments: