Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Katie, Maybe CBS Is Trying To Tell You Something

The left photo is the official first-pic-of-Katie released by CBS. (TVNewser posted it in May.) The right photo is an edited version of the same photo, from the September issue of Watch! magazine, which is owned by CBS - cause even they think she's ugly (Here's the PDF of the magazine.)
Couric appears on the cover in a striped business suit. The touched-up photo appears inside. The publication is distributed at CBS stations and on American Airlines flights.
CBS News President Sean McManus said he was "obviously surprised and disappointed when I heard about it." Katie, who's 49 years-old, said she hadn't known about the digitally reworked version until she saw the issue. The former NBC "Today" show host told the Daily News, "I liked the first picture better because there's more of me to love."
Thing is, I can't seem to find even one thing to love, let alone more of it. I personally like the photoshopped version better. They somehow lifted that really beautiful orange glow, and less of Katie is always more in my book.

No comments: