Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Reichen Isn't As Dumb As He Looks

Reichen Lehmkuhl is talking about his difficult experience in the United States Air Force Academy, where after five years he received an honourable discharge. Moreso, he's speaking about the current 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' policy of the US military... and he shares his experiences in his new book Here's What We'll Say: Growing Up, Coming Out, and The US Air Force Academy.

"There was definitely an institutionalised acceptance of people being homophobic and telling gay jokes and making homophobic remarks, to the point of, 'Kill gay people.'"

"A bag was put over my head," he said. "I was stripped of my clothes. I was forced to do things sexually with two other male cadets."

The United States is getting ready to vote on the Military Readiness Enhancement Act next month - a bill to repeal the law and allow gays to serve openly in the armed forces.

Up until now, I've only thought of Reichen as a kinda dumb, underwear model/reality television show contestent, boyfriend of an N'Sync'er. I guess if that gives you a platform to speak openly about important issues, I say GIT-R DONE. i still think he's kinda dumb and a bit of an opportunist.

[source]

No comments: