Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Angelina Hates Her White Daughter

Angelina Jolie on her precious (not-so-precious?) daughter Shiloh:

"I think I feel so much more for Madd and Zee because they're survivors, they came through so much. Shiloh seemed so privileged from the moment she was born. I have less inclination to feel for her...I met my other kids when they were 6 months old, they came with a personality. A newborn really is this...Yes, a blob! But now she's starting to have a personality...I'm conscious that I have to make sure I don't ignore her needs, just because I think the others are more vulnerable."

Um yeah. I really hope there is some other context for these words that I'm currently oblivious to. This is an interesting twist - a mother who feels more for her adopted kids. Her reason: they were malnourished for the first 6 months of their lives. That poor little blob Shiloh - she going to end up being a psychotic mess just like Mommy. I can just see Angie cutting her own wrists while feeding Shiloh and screaming "yeah you better enjoy this because your brother and sister didn't get this until they were older than you, you privileged little bitch." I'm still trying to figure out how Madd and Zee are any less privileged - jet setting around in designer clothes. Who the hell remembers their first six months anyway? Maybe Yohane Banda can let Shiloh live in his mud hut in Malawi for a few months to even things out. [source]

No comments: