Friday, January 19, 2007

Isaiah, Do The World a Favor, and SHUT UP

Under fire by his bosses at ABC and gay leaders, Grey's Anatomy star Isaiah Washington apologized yestday for what he called his "unacceptable in any context" comments about gay costar T.R. Knight at the Golden Globes.

"I can neither defend nor explain my behavior," Isaiah said. "I can also no longer deny to myself that there are issues I obviously need to examine within my own soul, and I've asked for help."

Apologizing to "T.R., my colleagues, the fans of the show and especially the lesbian and gay community," Washington said he "marred what should have been a perfect night" for Grey's Anatomy and hurt both Knight and "everyone who has struggled for the respect so many of us take for granted."

"T.R.'s courage throughout this entire episode speaks to his tremendous character," Washington said. "I hold his talent, and T.R. as a person, in high esteem. I know a mere apology will not end this, and I intend to let my future actions prove my sincerity."

Whoever wrote that is one smart wordsmith. In reality though, this reads, "please let me keep my job," loud and clear to me. Listen, I'm not saying we blackball (haha), or blacklist (whatever) Isaiah so he can no longer find work as an actor... but I've seen one too many episodes of CSI to know that there is a ton of work out there for actors looking to hone their skills as a corpse.

Yay, just lie still and keep your mouth shut, Isaiah.

[source]

No comments: