Friday, October 05, 2007

YOUR 15 MINUTES: Fire In My Pants (not talking about a yeast infection).

Ok. I suck at blogging lately. I promise I will return to my old non-stop-blogging self soon. Please forgive me because I have a story for you:

The new iPod Nano is hot. But one Douglasville man said his old Nano got even hotter -- hot enough to burst into flames. "So I look down and I see flames coming up to my chest," said Danny Williams. Williams said the burn hole from the pocket of his pants marks the spot of his 15 seconds of flame. He said he had an iPod Nano and an glossy piece of paper in his pocket. He believes the paper shielded him from being burned. "I'm still kind of freaked out that after only a year and a half my iPod caught fire in my pocket," said Williams. The iPod uses a lithium ion battery -- the same type of battery under recall for setting laptops on fire. Williams said the fact is iPod Nano burst into flames while he was at work was bad enough, where he works could have been another issue. He works at a kiosk in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. "If TSA had come by and seen me smoking, they could have honestly thought I was a terrorist," said Williams.

iPod nano: the latest trend in IEDs. Ok IED's aren't funny but still...I wish my iPod would catch on fire at work so I could leave early. Totally an excuse I haven't used yet!

No comments: