Saturday, June 03, 2006

PageSix Gets Pulled Over

Ok, this is funny: I read an article on PageSix about how their editor spent the night in jail for drunk driving. My boyfriend almost spend the night in jail for drunk driving once (he got off) but my blog had enough gossip that we didn't need to include that. I should probably just be in jail all the time for my general behavior but you don't see me writing about it. I guess I just did. Anyway, here's the story:

"Richard Johnson was pulled over on West 14th Street at midnight because he had a cellphone glued to his ear. The arresting officer quickly accused him of slurred speech and asked him to take a Breathalyzer test. Showing dubious judgment, Johnson refused and was taken to the 7th Precinct in handcuffs, where he was asked to walk a straight line, stand like a statue with one foot off the floor and touch fingertips to nose with eyes closed. The reviews were mixed. But it's all on videotape for future screenings. The NYPD, which should be commended for its crackdown on DWI, treated Johnson with utmost professionalism. He was taken to the Tombs at 100 Centre St., where he shared a crowded holding pen with a gorgeous mosaic of individuals, all of whom were uncomfortable, tired and disgusted with the catering - Frosted Flakes and stale peanut-butter sandwiches. Nearly 12 hours after his arrest, Johnson was arraigned, given a court date and freed with no bail, after his lawyer argued he was not a flight risk."

I absolutely love the whole "gorgeous mosaic of individuals" and "catering -- Frosted Flakes" bits. The question of the night is "did he drop the soap?" Oh, and my question after the question of the night is "why is he too cheap to call a car service?" I call a car service and I already said I should just be kept in jail all of the time like a caged monkey in fabulous clothes. Talk about workplace humiliation. Once, while I lived in Pittsburgh, this drunken woman drove into the middle of PNC park (baseball field) during its construction. She became confused and couldn't get back out. It was a HUGE news story. I always wondered how she felt when she went back to work on Monday. P.S. Richard is looking a little Al Gore/John Edwards hybrid lovechild in this picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»