Thursday, July 20, 2006

YOUR 15 MINUTES: Bush is a four-letter word.

Forget about George Bush not caring about black people, black people don't care about George Bush. Today President Bush urged the Senate to renew a landmark civil rights law passed in the 1960s to stop racist voting practices in the South. Bush said "I understand that racism still lingers in America. It's a lot easier to change a law than to change a human heart. And I understand that many African-Americans distrust my political party. I consider it a tragedy that the party of Abraham Lincoln let go of its historical ties with the African-American community. For too long, my party wrote off the African-American vote, and many African-Americans wrote off the Republican Party. I come from a family committed to civil rights. My faith tells me that we are all children of God -- equally loved, equally cherished, equally entitled to the rights He grants us all." Unless you're Iraqi, of course. Oh, or gay. Does anyone still trust this guy? [source]

No comments: