Thursday, March 15, 2007

Celebrity Clone: Terrorism Edition

I was just looking over the news when I saw a giant picture of Daniel Pearl, the American journalist beheaded in Pakistan and for a second I said to myself "why is there a giant picture of Bob Saget on the home page of CNN." Khalid Sheikh Mohammed stopped by the U.S. military base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba on his way to salvation and the pleasures of Paradise for a little tribunal and his 15 international minutes of jihad fame and a free one-way ticket to martyrdom. He claims he mastermined all of 9/11, organized the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the Bali nightclub bombings, the attempted Richard Reid shoe bombing, a bunch of other attempted attacks, "decapitated the head of the American Jew" (decapitated the head is so redundant) but he's supersorry he killed any children. "I don't like to kill people," he said. "I feel very sorry they been killed kids in 9/11." Not so good with the English but apparently still a master of terrorism logistics. Back to my original though: Bob Saget could totally play Daniel Pearl in a movie. Conveniently, there's one soon-to-be released....but Bob didn't make the cut. Some guy named Dan Futterman is going to play Daniel. He doesn't really resemble him that much but I'm sure he was cheap and can play a decapitated journalist just fine. I previously posted on the casting of Angelina Jolie as Daniel's wife Mariane Pearl - a job that would've been better filled by Thandie Newton, Rosie Perez or even J.Lo. In the meantime, I still think Ron Jeremy or Super Mario should play Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. Why am I not in the casting business? [source]

No comments: