Monday, March 19, 2007

Couture du Jour: Not Your Average Candy Necklace

A long time ago, when Couture du Jour was still Fashion Fix, I did a little write-up about a BLT ring composed of five stackable individual rings—a bacon ring, a tomato ring, a lettuce ring and two bread rings. I like BLTs (more like CLTs because I don't do bacon but I definitely do cheese) but at $750, I don't need a non-edible gold one on my finger. So, from that day forward, I wrote off food jewelry as a residual consequence of Carrie Bradshaw’s extreme accessorizing…until I came across a site www.pancakemeow.com Pancake Meow sells handmade scented miniature dessert jewelry. Leslie, the designer, mixed her talent with clay and her love of tasty desserts, added a pinch of inspiration from the scent of childhood Strawberry Shortcake dolls and cooked up the best thing since scratch and sniff technology met stickers on that late summer night back in the mid 70’s. Unlike the candy necklace though, pancake meow jewelry is not edible - an edible blueberry muffin necklace would be puuur-fect right about now. Of course a giant, edible blueberry muffin around my neck wouldn't do much for my outfit but a miniature one of these on a 16 in. necklace would be adorable:Sadly, because Leslie makes each tiny piece by hand, many of the designs are sold out. Don’t get your edible undies in a bunch – it’s March and the designs will be in-stock again during Spring/Summer 07. By August, I’ll totally be a walking bakery. [thanks, b]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am delighted to see that you are working very hard today.

xine said...

Honestly, I do almost all of my stuff beforehand and then put items them online throughout the day/week. Lukily I had a bunch of stuff stored up because I was the only person who showed up to the blog today. Although I did work really hard today - just not on this.

xine said...

Now that I think about it, you might mean that in a sarcastic way but whatev..

dino said...

xine. you rule my world.

Anonymous said...

these are sooooooo cute. i love it!