Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Whole Bunch of Toe Tapping

I just don’t understand this: why do gay men deny the fact that they’re gay, become public figures that oppose homosexuality and then troll for men in the dredges of society? It makes no sense. Just get over it - accept you’re gay, find a nice gay man, move to South Beach, hold hands and fly a little rainbow flag on your front porch.

Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, has stepped down from his role in Mitt Romney's presidential campaign after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge stemming from his arrest at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. Craig was apprehended June 11 by a plainclothes police officer investigating complaints of lewd behavior in an airport men's room. The arresting officer noted: “At 1216 hours, Craig tapped his right foot. I recognized this as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct. Craig tapped his toes several times and moves his foot closer to my foot. I moved my foot up and down slowly. While this was occurring, the male in the stall to my right was still present. I could hear several unknown persons in the restroom that appeared to use the restroom for its intended use. The presence of others did not seem to deter Craig as he moved his right foot so that it touched the side of my left foot which was within my stall area.” Craig stated “that he has a wide stance when going to the bathroom and that his foot may have touched mine,” the report states. Craig also told the arresting officer that he reached down with his right hand to pick up a piece of paper that was on the floor. “It should be noted that there was not a piece of paper on the bathroom floor, nor did Craig pick up a piece of paper,” the arresting officer said in the report.

Ooooh, I like a little he said/he said situation early in the morning. Fun. I might actually attempt to believe the Senator if he wasn’t accused doing coke and having sex with mail congressional pages in 1982 and then accused of flirting with a man in Idaho. That's too much lifelong gay scandal for a straight man. PS.I know lots of gay men and I had no idea about this toe tapping thing until today. PPS. He's married with like 3 adopted kids.

No comments: